2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2008 2:52 PM by williamv12345

Help with overlapping rollover

williamv12345
      Helleo,

I am a Adobe CS3-user and am stuck with the following issue: i have a family-photo (6 persons) and would like to create a rollover from every member to it's own webpage. It's a typical familyphoto, we're all holding each other.

Problem is the slicing. I made a marquee selection of each person, converted that to a path and made a polygonal slice. Problem is when previewing in browser, the overlapping parts are shown so it cut's off the other images.

I coloured everybody in gray, when rolling over it's in colour, when clicking it has an outer glow. How to do this without making the images overlap each other???

I thank you in advance for your help!
      Sincerely,

William.
        • 1. Re: Help with overlapping rollover
          Level 7
          williamv12345 wrote:
          > Helleo,
          >
          > I am a Adobe CS3-user and am stuck with the following issue: i have a
          > family-photo (6 persons) and would like to create a rollover from every member
          > to it's own webpage. It's a typical familyphoto, we're all holding each other.
          >
          > Problem is the slicing. I made a marquee selection of each person, converted
          > that to a path and made a polygonal slice. Problem is when previewing in
          > browser, the overlapping parts are shown so it cut's off the other images.
          >
          > I coloured everybody in gray, when rolling over it's in colour, when clicking
          > it has an outer glow. How to do this without making the images overlap each
          > other???
          >
          > I thank you in advance for your help!

The answer for that is a hotspot rollover. If you upload the PNG file to
          your site so I can grab it, I'll show you how it's done.

--
          Linda Rathgeber - Adobe Community Expert
          http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/members/8.html
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          • 2. Help with overlapping rollover
            williamv12345 Level 1
            Hello,

First of all I would like to thank you for your interest in my topic. You can get the PNG file at
            this location.

I already made the hotspots, don't know if it's done right so...
            Thank you in advance for your effort.
            Sincerely,