1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 26, 2017 10:37 AM by Dave LaRonde

No Real time playback in After Effect

MRSeif123

Hello everyone,

I have a very big problem !
      My PC specs are : 64gb RAM , core i7 6850k, GTX 1080 Ti 11gb, 500gb SSD ,Windows 10 pro
      I Have After Effect 2017.2
      My problem is that when I'm working on a video or something i click on space-bar (to preview my work), But it doesnt start normally it usually tells me that the FPS is 15 fps and it lags too much!
      Although i give the adobe applications 50gb RAM and I enabled CUDA for GTX 1080 Ti with 8gb of Texture Memory and Ray Tracing is on GPU and Disk Cache is 100GB
      Please Help me!!
      Thanks

• 1. Re: After Effect Preview Problem
          Dave LaRonde Level 6

I think the only big problem you have is lack of AE knowledge. 

First, you can NEVER expect to work like a video editing application,  where you just press the space bar and everything plays back in real time. AE IS NOT A VIDEO EDITOR.  It's an effects, compositing and motion graphics application, used for very different purposes than a video editor,  It functions differently than a video editor. Particularly in the way you view your work -- you don't play, you PREVIEW.  tOTALLY DIFFERENT.

I encourage you to go to AE Help and look at the section on Viewing and Previewing.  There are a WHOLE lot of ways to preview that can help.

A good deal of quality time spent here won't hurt, either.....

After Effects tutorials | Learn how to use After Effects CC

1 person found this helpful