• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Much slower importing of assets and opening in source monitor

Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else noticed a significant drop in speed when importing assets after the 11.1 update? When I bring anything into the project Premiere hangs for minimum 10 seconds, sometimes much longer. I have also noticed when I open a clip in the source monitor it also hangs for several seconds. I used to be able to jump between the bin, source monitor and timeline completely fluidly and now I cannot. It is crushing my workflow and I was wondering if anybody else has noticed the same.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Hi Kablyz,

Kulpreet was right to point out the difference between a new project file and an updated one. For whatever reason, the updated project files lag and really hang up on importing new assets especially. I found the only way to rescue my old project file (which I needed) was to Project Manage it -- copy everything and move it to a new location and create a new project file along the way. Once I opened that new project it was back to its usual quickness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mitchs42786776,

Are you trying in an updated project or a new one?

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kulpreet,

Thanks for the reply. It is in fact an updated project file -- I created a new blank project and imported some things and it happened instantly, but when I import the old project into a new one, it still then slows down. Any ideas on how to keep my project but get my speed back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kulpreet,

I have the same problem here, and it's really annoying me as I'm working on a project and I'm importing stuff all the time and this problem make the progress slower than usual.

I tried to import in new project, it's fine.

So what can I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kablyz,

Kulpreet was right to point out the difference between a new project file and an updated one. For whatever reason, the updated project files lag and really hang up on importing new assets especially. I found the only way to rescue my old project file (which I needed) was to Project Manage it -- copy everything and move it to a new location and create a new project file along the way. Once I opened that new project it was back to its usual quickness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines