1 person found this helpful
If you are on InDesign version CC 2017.0 or CC 2017.1, you can do the following...
1. Select the text (or text frame) that has the numbers you wish to convert to fractions
2. Click on the small "O" that appears when you select
3. From the menu, which now shows up enable the fraction OpenType
This would convert only the valid numbers as fractions instead of converting all numbers/digits to "up" and "down".
Otherwise if you are on earlier InDesign version, you can do the following...
1. Turn off the fraction property in your paragraph or character style first
2. Either select each of the number and convert it to fraction from the character panel ( this is a time consuming manual method )
2. You can make a grep style that converts only valid numbers to fractions. To do so...
a. Make a new character style with fraction property enabled name it C1
b. In your paragraph style (say P1) make a new grep style entry with the following settings
c. Once you do this, only valid numbers in text with paragraph style P1 applied will be converted to fractions
You can read ore about formatting fractions here https://indesignsecrets.com/formatting-fractions.php
You also should ensure that the font you are using is an OpenType font with numerator and denominator glyphs.
I am on 12.1..0.56 and this is the latest but i do not see any "O"
Great solution amaarora!
The option was off in preferences