• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to merge data (CSV) from Excel 2010 to InDesign CC, keep getting message that says "The data source cannot be opened"

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have merged data from Excel to InDesign numerous times and have not encountered this problem before. I have a brand new document in InDesign and a clean, new data file from Excel saved as a CSV file. When I try to merge into InDesign, I get a message saying the data source cannot be opened.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ambernkrmc. You posted your question in the non-technical Lounge forum, which is where you can connect with your peers for conversations that don't directly relate to product help and support.

I’ll move your question to the InDesign forum so that you can get the answer you are looking for.

~Barb

P.S. For a list of all available product forums, see https://forums.adobe.com/welcome/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines