4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2017 5:29 AM by Gray Drake

Can not open LR 6 today.  A window requests activation of mobile software

Gray Drake Level 1

LR opened yesterday.  Today a pop up window requests initiation of a mobile addition to my software.  Rejecting took me back to the beginning.  I called Adobe, after 3 techs, they downloaded an new version of LR6.  I can not open, because it says my catalogues are open in another version.  Need help.  Six hours into this issue.

The Lounge

• 2. Re: Can not open LR 6 today.  A window requests activation of mobile software
          Gray Drake Level 1

I have no idea of how to follow this to LR forums.  Can  you help?

• 3. Re: Can not open LR 6 today.  A window requests activation of mobile software
            F. McLion Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Can you share some more infromation like:

- Your OS

- Your exact version of Lightroom

- The exact word-for-word message appearing and when exactly it is appearing ... or even better a screenshot.

• 4. Re: Can not open LR 6 today.  A window requests activation of mobile software
              Gray Drake Level 1

Thanks for the response.

I am in window 10

I have LR 6 = I do not recall the version of 6 and can not open LR to check

Sequence

• 4/24 everything worked fine, i can access and process the 21,000 edited images on my computer
              • 4/25 I try to open LR and I get a pop up window that says my trial on a mobile upgrade for LR has 7 days to continue.  I have two options, continue with the mobile trial or purchase the upgrade;  There is no cell coverage where I live or at my cottage, my only cell is buried in a cubilcal in my car and I use the hands-free option while drive.  I have never taken a photo with my phone, although it is capable of doing this. There is no way I could have initiated a mobile trial from the phone in my car.  Optioning out of the trial in the pop up window takes me back to the LR icon, and I start over.  Multiple attempts to fail.
              • 4/25 I call LR and in the course of 3 hours speak to four techs.  They claim I began a trial of LR mobile and it selected an older version of LR 4  (and activated its serial number) that was still on my computer.  The ghost mobile trial  had also prevented access to my LR 6.  Years ago I had purcahsed LR 3 from Best Buy, but upgraded to 4, 5 and 6 through Adobe on line in subsequent years
              • 4/25 the 4th LR tech changed the active LR serial number back to my LR 6 which they had on file.  I had to end the conversation with LR and take care of other business
              • 4/25 Opening LR 6 now does not pull up the mobile trial window, but never opens because it says it can not find my images, because the related files now are already open LR 4 as a result of the ghost trial of mobile.
              • Same result in the days since.  I now have an additional 250 unprocessed images in my camera and hard drive and perhaps 6 hours into the problem.

Thanks for any additional help.