Moving to the Lightroom forum.
I have no idea of how to follow this to LR forums. Can you help?
Can you share some more infromation like:
- Your OS
- Your exact version of Lightroom
- The exact word-for-word message appearing and when exactly it is appearing ... or even better a screenshot.
Thanks for the response.
I am in window 10
I have LR 6 = I do not recall the version of 6 and can not open LR to check
- 4/24 everything worked fine, i can access and process the 21,000 edited images on my computer
- 4/25 I try to open LR and I get a pop up window that says my trial on a mobile upgrade for LR has 7 days to continue. I have two options, continue with the mobile trial or purchase the upgrade; There is no cell coverage where I live or at my cottage, my only cell is buried in a cubilcal in my car and I use the hands-free option while drive. I have never taken a photo with my phone, although it is capable of doing this. There is no way I could have initiated a mobile trial from the phone in my car. Optioning out of the trial in the pop up window takes me back to the LR icon, and I start over. Multiple attempts to fail.
- 4/25 I call LR and in the course of 3 hours speak to four techs. They claim I began a trial of LR mobile and it selected an older version of LR 4 (and activated its serial number) that was still on my computer. The ghost mobile trial had also prevented access to my LR 6. Years ago I had purcahsed LR 3 from Best Buy, but upgraded to 4, 5 and 6 through Adobe on line in subsequent years
- 4/25 the 4th LR tech changed the active LR serial number back to my LR 6 which they had on file. I had to end the conversation with LR and take care of other business
- 4/25 Opening LR 6 now does not pull up the mobile trial window, but never opens because it says it can not find my images, because the related files now are already open LR 4 as a result of the ghost trial of mobile.
- Same result in the days since. I now have an additional 250 unprocessed images in my camera and hard drive and perhaps 6 hours into the problem.
Thanks for any additional help.