1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 27, 2017 1:28 AM by Roei Tzoref

    Moving Anchor point in After Effects

    sequoiajosh Level 1

      Hi, I was wondering if I could move this marker that is circled in red below. I wanted to move the red marker to the blue dot. I wanted to do this because wheneveI i want to scale the text it focuses on that point for some reason.





        • 1. Re: Help please
          Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional

          Yes you can. It's called anchor point - look it up. You can click the shortcut Y and activate the tool for it so you can click the crosshair and drag. Use Ctrl to snap it to corners or center. there's also s shorcut for centering it to the selected layer: Ctrl+Alt+Home.


          You might want to run over the basics in Adobe's After Effect's tutorial page.

          1 person found this helpful