4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2017 9:35 AM by christopherp71647790

InDesign cursor blinking

christopherp71647790 Level 1

My cursor keeps blinking and I can't select my tool bar and other options.  How do I fix this?

• 1. Re: InDesign cursor blinking
          Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What version of InDesign? What operating system?

Start by restoring your InDesign preferences:

Trash, Replace, Reset, or Restore the application Preferences

• 2. Re: InDesign cursor blinking
            namralf Level 1

Reset and the worx doesn't help, unfortunately! Still having the same issues after trashing, uninstalling, reinstalling, updating, resetting and whatever I could find in forums or could think of myself --> InDesign cc 2017 latest update on Windows 10 latest update. I had the same problem recently with Photoshop CC 2017 when it came out and after several attempts, reinstalls, resets, etc. I resorted to CC 2015 --> I did the same now with InDesign: loaded CC 2015 and am forced to work with that. CC 2015 is running ok and at least I can continue working!

The blinking cursor also appeared and annoyed me in other programs I switched to, until I quit InDesign ...if that is any help in finding the problem.

Thanks for trying though.

• 3. Re: InDesign cursor blinking
              namralf Level 1

I have found another forum with the same problem, this time for Illustrator and one help suggestion finally did the trick!!! Deinstalled Web Companion and voila....! Thank you!

--->

121.  Re: Flickering Cursor

michalz14689326 Level 1

I've had this same problem with Illustrator and InDesign 2017 after an update two weeks ago. I went through the live chat support and was informed the root of the problem - the latest update installed a third-party application, 'Web Companion - Lavasoft,' and it was causing problems with my Creative Cloud apps. I simply uninstalled the application, as he directed me too, and everything is working perfectly again!

• 4. Re: InDesign cursor blinking
                christopherp71647790 Level 1

I do have the Web Companion Lavasoft on my laptop but it was not installed after I installed InDesign.  It was installed a year ago and my research shows that it is an Ad-Aware security program.  Do you have ads coming through since you uninstalled this program?