• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White background doesn't come through as layer?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made some word art in Comp and sent it to  PS to make various versions and the white background doesn't come through as a layer.  I then saved it out as a png and the white background from Comp still remained.  Anyone know how to set it up so this comes through as a layer?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

KateMac.

Comp CC doesn't have layer support, which is why you're not seeing the the document open in Ps with layers, but I wondered if filling the white background would work for what you need. Have you tried adding a square (from the Shapes menu), then making that square the exact size of the document and using that as your "base" for everything else?

Not sure what you're wanting/needing to do; it's not the same as a transparent background, but it works as an alternative to the white background

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kathleen,

Please see Create comps on the go |

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

KateMac.

Comp CC doesn't have layer support, which is why you're not seeing the the document open in Ps with layers, but I wondered if filling the white background would work for what you need. Have you tried adding a square (from the Shapes menu), then making that square the exact size of the document and using that as your "base" for everything else?

Not sure what you're wanting/needing to do; it's not the same as a transparent background, but it works as an alternative to the white background.

Sue,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines