Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR 2015.10 import problem

Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm relatively new to LR (a year or so..) and not posted before, so hope this all makes sense and is in the right place...

I've just returned from a trip and want to import my photos to LR 2015.10 x64.

My PC runs Windows 10 with OS/Apps on C:\ and data/images on D:\ (second physical internal drive) with all OS/App updates applied.

I'm having an issue trying to import my images and have tried various settings/performance changes, reboots etc along with internet and community searches.

Previously, I would open LR and go to Library Module, then in left hand Navigator panel go to Folders section.

From here click the + symbol and Add Folder then navigate to the required folder, select it and import process should begin.

Unfortunately, when I do this LR starts to analyse the folder but nothing much happens - after a time the program header bar says ...-Library (not responding).

At this point the only option is to force close the program.

Doing some testing, I have tried loading files from different folder locations etc, but the only time it seems to work is if the import folder has relatively few images (40-60).

The folders I want to import have maybe 150-400 files in each of them.

Confusingly, I discovered that if I go to File > Import Photos and Video... then the imports work fine - at least so far so good.

So this method works, but I like the first method as I find it easier to see what has already been imported.

This is, therefore, not a show stopper, but has anyone else experienced this and is there an explanation and/or fix for this behaviour?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Using the menu /file/import photos/ is the correct way to start the import process.

The option I always use is the "import" button at the bottom left of the Library module.

You can see the Folder panel and the Import Source panel if you adjust the size and location of the Import dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Photoshop Lightroom​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Using the menu /file/import photos/ is the correct way to start the import process.

The option I always use is the "import" button at the bottom left of the Library module.

You can see the Folder panel and the Import Source panel if you adjust the size and location of the Import dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines