2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2008 2:00 PM by whomba

Flash Absorbing Flex's MouseEvents

whomba
      Morning all,

New to the boards and I figure what better way to introduce myself than posting a question? :P
      Right now I am loading a series of SWFs and Images, and the goal is for the user to be able to click image / swf and drag it around (I know, its super complicated). However when running locally this does not seem to work. Currently I have the following block of code (first block). When I have mouse down i get the following:

*** Security Sandbox Violation ***
      SecurityDomain ' http://myUrl.com/work/hat.swf' tried to access incompatible context 'file:///C:/Documents and Settings/me/My Documents/Flex Builder 3/bodyBuilderTest/bin-debug/bodyBuilderTest.html'

Now in hat.swf I have: flash.system.Security.allowDomain("*"); however this does not seem to help at all. This is the same if i use SWFLoader, Image, or a regular Loader and add it to a canvas.

Next I have tried wrapping that image in an additional canvas and putting the mouse down / up events on there. This worked slightly better (but not much). I would click the actual SWF and get the same output in my console, but when i clicked the 'background' of the SWF (while still in the canvas) this works.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and help in advanced.

-Andrew

(oh, and this only happens when I load a SWF, if I load a jpg / gif / etc.. it works fine.)