• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Most Recent Update Interfering with I.E. 11 on Win 7-64 bit Machines

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your most recent Flash Player update is causing any web based .Jpg's to appear only as untitled.png files when saved.

This has so far impacted 11 different business based machines that are/were running perfectly with no other issues with all current updates to software and hardware on laptops and on towers.

The only way to resolve it is to uninstall this most recent Flash Player and then reset I.E.1,1 then reboot the machines and resetting -Internet Options- aspect/settings. After this is done all Add-ons need to be initialized.

!!  Brutal  !!.

They were working perfectly with the previous version.

The Version that causes the issue is Version 25.0.0.148.

You need to address this immediately.

This method of support with an issue like this is BS!!

With no quick clear method of support. I'm aware of the free version aspect but its your software causing a problem and it needs to be addressed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

firstly - the forums are a user-to-user medium.  staff participates when they can, in between their normal workload

secondly - most companies (I won't say all) do not offer support for free software, they offer forums just like these

thirdly - the best place to report Flash Player bugs is at https://tracker.adobe.com, including as much information as possible, including exact steps to reproduce and direct links to content exhibiting the behaviour.

With that said, using a Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit Edition system with the latest IE 11 (11.9.9600.18638) and Flash Player 25.0.0.148 I am not able to reproduce the behaviour described. I am able to download JPG files as JPG files and they contain the name of the file as it was on the web.

Please provide a direct link to content exhibiting the behaviour and exact steps to reproduce.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Well as prolific as Flash is and with it being in such high demand you would think that Adobe would streamline it's avenues of support and also have it's staff made more aware of how to direct complaints about software issues relevant to the application and it's service.

To note, after 35 years in the computer field, I have seen Adobe do some pretty interesting things related to Flash. Some were no laughing matter and some made it almost impossible to negotiate.

Re: "content exhibiting the behaviour and exact steps to reproduce"

After updating Flash Player we had this issue appear doing one simple task, going to cbc.ca and other news organizations and saving an onscreen .jpg. This prompted the file option to be saved as untitled.png or as .bmp only.

That's it.

On removal as noted above saving the same worked fine.

This replicated on 11 high end systems and laptops using Windows 7-64bit Pro. Every one.

Once removed things were back to normal but with no Flash player.

Then I had to look for a version that was used previously by comparing the numbers of the version. I went with 25 NPAPI 25.0.0.127 and it works fine.

I then reloaded and tested the newest version against the old and the anomaly appeared each time on this most recent version on

3 machines. Each machine is running the older version now with no issues.

So with everything running 100% on each of these machines at this time and Adobe Flash Player being the only software that was updated and being that each system has been checked thoroughly I'd say it's a pretty fair bet that its a bug and it something that its reacting to or a change that has been made.

I'm pretty direct so I tried to contact Adobe as I have had to do in the past and yup it's freeware but there's no direct method or direction to resolve such things simply. Maybe if one is familiar with everything Adobe well then that's fine but by my own admittance I could give a... Well you know....

I had no want or whim to have an Adobe account so I tried to call Adobes customer services on the fly because lets see 11 machines with the same issue might signal a bigger problem.

I was then confronted with no options other than doing something on the net. Looking for info as I do very often I ran the gambit of holy hell that is Adobes web pages. After talking with someone at Corp. Head Office in Calif. I was directed here.

My thanks for directing me to the bug aspect by the way. I'm sure I'll have some use in the future for it.

The issue remains the same.

I tested it on 14 outlying service machines last night. Each did the same.

Let me fill you in on a previous issue that adobe couldn't replicate. The Stall on load of Windows 7 64 bit. It would hang at 5% and one couldn't load it until one removed any or all Antivirus, malware and or firewall based software. This issue lasted about 14 months and so during that time my colleagues and I only loaded it (Flash) when machines were in for service other than that we instructed them not to update it unless there was a more issue. I brought it to the attention of Adobe at the time it first appeared and they did nothing. But then a few months ago the issue disappeared out of the blue. That being said the dead horse is dead and I have kicked it far to often.

The version of IE is the same as the one you listed.

Windows has this same type of issue happen on one of its updates as well but once IE is reloaded and updated the issue goes away. It's relevant to saving and running software. when you deal with things like this daily, you tend to find things out very quickly. This one was found quickly.

If Adobe can't direct people to simple things quickly, things like addressing bugs and since it's a software based company I'd think the main practise would be to use the KISS principle.

I was hell and backwater trying to find this place to post something to make someone aware of an issue that's not mine out of say due diligence.

I build and service high end gaming and business platforms and have done so for about 35 or more years. My job "Ain't" to fulfill Adobes roll in providing software "Free" or otherwise or servicing said software.

Put a big flag on it if its unsupported..That way we'll all know that we need to find something else to use.  

Thanks for your time. I'll try to post at the site you noted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Way to go Adobe. Ok so I went and spent 20 mins typing in on Adobes bug reporting area Tracker and hit the button and it shows with a big red flag saying bug report failed...LMAO

No instructions for why or what part or what the issue was none..

Wow....What a joke.

I'll check back but other then that have a nice day...

I can't even believe how much time I just wasted on this garbage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm sorry you experienced issues attempting to report the bug. I will notify the appropriate team and file the bug for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines