• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updateing my Photoshop file Wipes all my date from Character Animator?

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Im just starting out with Character Animator and really enjoying it, But i've bumped into a few really annoying problems.

I rig my character with fixed points, draggle points, bones, dangle bits etc. I save the project  come back to it later in the day or the next day and all my rigged date has gone? and when i try to do it again none of the fixed points work and all the pivot points have jumped back to their starting point?

PLEASE, its driving me a little crazy what am i doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Thanks for getting back to me, I just figured it out, I was editing my .psd file in sketch book pro, instead of photoshop and it freaked out. Ive adjusted my work flow to adjust.

Im having great fun with Character Animator and really enjoying the tutorials, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah weird, that's shouldn't ever happen - all that rigging is saved in the .chproj file automatically. If you look in your history panel do you still see your full history? Every time you do something in CH it should show up there - did you maybe accidentally click something there to rewind back to a previous pre-rigged edit? If so just scroll down the list and click on the last thing and it should resume with the last saved state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for getting back to me, I just figured it out, I was editing my .psd file in sketch book pro, instead of photoshop and it freaked out. Ive adjusted my work flow to adjust.

Im having great fun with Character Animator and really enjoying the tutorials, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines