• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2015 Responsive HTML5, TOCx files in whxdata folder

Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a couple questions about the tocx javascript files that are part of the whxdata folder in Responsive HTML5 output. Are those the files that represent each entry in a table of contents (pages and books)? Is there a way to tell which entry belongs to which page or book? The files are appended with numbers such as toc1, toc79, and toc100. I want to look at the script for some table of contents entries that are hyperlinks to video but don't know where to begin in determining which output file syncs up to a particular toc entry.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Indeed I do believe that these files make up the TOC.

Good luck in finding any way to sort which is what.

Why do you need to determine which of the files points to video? This seems something that is much better suited to using the RoboHelp UI to accomplish. I'm guessing there is some reason you can't accomplish it using the RoboHelp UI?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

I am investigating some things related to the setup or customization of some of our links. Someone in our company is asking for modifications to links that I cannot accomplish via the RH interface. This is related to my other recent post Re: RH 2015 - Building Dynamic URLs in Responsive HTML5 topics that capture customer info when click... . I intend to pass along the suggestions from that post, but if possible also would show them samples of the javascript files for the table of contents entries that link to videos. I know which pages/books link up to videos (it's a small subset of overall table of contents). It's trying to figure out which javascript files go with those pages/books that puzzles me.

Karen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh, yes I did see that other post where you want some sort of a "dynamic" type link.

Wasn't that the thread where you want all sorts of code added to the hyperlink so that you can track stuff like when it was clicked and what product was being used and all sorts of other stuff and code added in?

One thing that seems like it should work would be for your links to be grabbed from the software. Then you should be able to add TOC pages that point to external links. And I would think it would be as simple as pasting the links into the TOC.

And if that failed for whatever reason, I'm thinking another approach would involve "redirect" type topics. In those topics you configure a behind the scenes meta refresh tag to point wherever you want to land.

I note that neither of these solutions is remotely "dynamic" and building things "on the fly". Nor am I saying it's an impossible achievement. It's just problematic from the aspect of trying to accomplish it within the RoboHelp framework.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, the other post was 'tracking' related (who is clicking what within our help topics). We do utilize redirects to some degree. Table of content pages have links to videos / pdf's and those links utilize the redirect URLs (not sure if that's correct term) associated with those external video / pdf resources. And the subset of topics in help that link up to help buttons in the product have redirects such that the help buttons in product call up the topic using variables including the redirect (in that case, the product constructs the URL and captures customer ID from the product).

You're last comment is helpful in that it and the other post's reply validate my original thought (...problematic to accomplish within RH framework."). I've passed along the Google Analytics and RH Server thoughts from the other post to my coworkers.

Thanks for the added perspective. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp