2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2017 4:15 PM by richardplondon

Presets lost after Lightroom update

jjoshuajjense

PLEASE HELP. I am traveling out of state this weekend to shoot a wedding and I NEED my presets back. I cannot find my presets in Lightroom OR Finder.

(i have a Mac)

I updated Lightroom to version 6.10 today, and when I opened up my catalog to edit, I found ALL my User Presets have gone missing. I had the checkmark "store presets with this catalog" checked when I lost them. I have tried un-checking this, restarting my computer, or trying to locate and import my presets. Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 2.09.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 2.13.20 PM.png

This is what is in my Finder window when I click "show lightroom presets folder".

I haven't backed up my computer or Lightroom recently enough to recover these presets.

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

• 1. Re: Presets lost after Lightroom update
          thedigitaldog MVP & Adobe Community Professional

IF the presets were stored with catalog and you turn the option off, they disappear. IF you didn’t store the presets with catalog (which I always do with a traveling catalog), they are back on the other system, deep in the Application Support folder. https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/lightroom-5-default-locations/

• 2. Re: Presets lost after Lightroom update
            richardplondon Level 4

IF when you opened up newer software, your Catalog needed to first be version converted, it has now got a new name; LR insists on this.

IF you had "store presets with catalog" selected before, then your presets will have been made into a location relating to that prior Catalog name. They are most likely still in there.

The new catalog name, would have a correspondingly changed new location where presets would be looked for under this option. That'll be an empty location unless/until you put some copies of your presets into there.

Alternatively, you could move / copy these into LR's default presets folder (centrally). And then un-check "store with Catalog" - that gives these universal visibility no matter what your Catalog(s) may ever be called.

1 person found this helpful