• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where have the Preflight PDF/A Compliance checkers gone?

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat DC 2017.009.20044 and now the almost all of the Preflight PDF standards compliance checks seem to have disappeared.  I now have an extremely reduced set of profiles.  The only visible "PDF/A compliance" profiles are "Convert to PDF/A-1a" & "Convert to PDF/A-1b".

I can edit the Preflight profiles and create custom profiles for my requirements but it seems rather inconvenient I should have to do this?

Has anybody else experienced this?

Thanks

Martin

TOPICS
Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

The profiles, checks and fixups in Preflight have been partitioned into libraries in the latest release of Acrobat Pro/Preflight (April 2017).

By default the library "Essentials" is shown, which indeed contains a relatively small set of profiles/checks/fixups.

If you switch from "Essential" (by clicking on the popup menu at the top of the Preflight window) to "PDF standards" you will find all of the profiles related to checking the various PDF standards (and also profiles to convert PDF files so t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The profiles, checks and fixups in Preflight have been partitioned into libraries in the latest release of Acrobat Pro/Preflight (April 2017).

By default the library "Essentials" is shown, which indeed contains a relatively small set of profiles/checks/fixups.

If you switch from "Essential" (by clicking on the popup menu at the top of the Preflight window) to "PDF standards" you will find all of the profiles related to checking the various PDF standards (and also profiles to convert PDF files so they become conforming with a chosen standard).

If you had a previous version of Acrobat Pro / Preflight installed, you will also find all your previous profiles, checks, and fixups (including those you may have modified, created or imported yourself) in the library called "Acrobat Pro DC 2015 Profiles".

Olaf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, there they are!

Thanks Olaf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines