• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images Will be Removed from Lightroom Mobile When Sync is Enabled Pop-Up

Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on Adobe! I don't want to use Sync, or have my catalog synced, nor do I want any of my collections synced in any way to the cloud.

Now, no matter what I have my sync settings, per catalog or per collection, whether on or off, if I simply remove a photo from a collection in LR, I get this pop up every single time I remove a photo from a collection.

Talk about a workflow killer! How do I get this to go away?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact version of LR are you using? Please be specific, Help > About Adobe PS LR or Help > Sys info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else seeing this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you removing images from.

If you are in a Collection that was at one time or is shown as being synced with LR Mobile but you stopped syncing that is why you are seeing that warning.

When you remove images from a Collection they are just Removed from that Collection. Not from the LR catalog, a database file, or from your hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand the difference, thanks. I actually teach Lightroom at the local community college. This behavior is new in the latest CC release. 

I never set up syncing, it was done automatically and there doesn't seem to be a way to turn it off and have this behavior go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gkphoto  wrote

I understand the difference, thanks. I actually teach Lightroom at the local community college. This behavior is new in the latest CC release. 

I never set up syncing, it was done automatically and there doesn't seem to be a way to turn it off and have this behavior go away.

There is a way to turn off syncing with mobile. Just Remove the Sync icon from the collection, click on it to stop syncing that collection, and Pause sync from the drop down identity plate.

Sync with Mobile.png

Doing both of those things will stop this from happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just Shoot Me - I wish I could mark this as resolved, but it's not. Today I just now had this happen again.

1. I have sync with LR mobile OFF (paused) at the nameplate.

2. In Library module, folders panel, I highlighted several images I wanted to add to a Collection Set in a new collection.

3. Right-clicking the empty Collection set, I chose "Create Collection" to make a new Collection

4. Culling images (with "delete") from this new collection gives me this warning.

If what you said above is correct, this is happening because the default setting for a NEW collection is to have SYNC turned on (the two-way arrow to the left of the collection). Which is highly undesirable when one has SYNC turned off (paused).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2017 May 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Time to follow my advice to delete all mobile data.....

When you next create a collection, disable the sync setting in the dialog. The setting is "sticky" - ie it's the same as it was the last time you used it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried signing out of sync?

Upper left of Lr window click on the nameplate or the Lr icon.

Choose to stop syncing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried this - when I sign out of sync, then regardless of whether Sync is enabled or disabled for the particular collection, this warning pops up when images are removed from it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go into Preferences, Mobile and delete all mobile data. Or see if you can find a use for LrMobile - many people have done so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, will try that, thank you. It's a wonder to me why Adobe is turning into Apple and using annoying messages like this to FORCE its customers to utilize new features. I just want to keep using Lightroom like I have for years without ANY of it being on the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't forcing you to do anything. It is potentially useful information if you use Mobile, and you had begun to do so when those collections were synced. Switching off sync - "pausing" it - isn't enough to let Lr assume you want to have no syncing activity ever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if I don't want to use Mobile? Then it's unwanted behavior that's detrimental to software functionality. 

Let's look objectively at what happened here.

1) I updated Lr via Creative Cloud, didn't change ANY syncing settings whatsoever, didn't even know they were there,

2) And then all of a sudden when I do a task I've done 1,000,000 times before - use the "delete" key to remove a photo from a collection in Library module - I get a workflow killing warning EVERY SINGLE TIME i remove a photo.

3) I have to then go in to settings and turn off a feature I didn't turn on to get this to stop.

Sure, new features are great, but why not just add a high level preference "do not use Sync/Mobile" for those of us that just want to use a LR catalog in an office on a Desktop computer with no mobile features?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No new features are introduced in that way or have unusual ways to disable them. The message is occurring because you began to use sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell me, how did I begin to use Sync?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inadvertently no doubt, but clicking the sync button next to a collection would do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Amen that. Done many times here before the advent of Lr CC. Now I just use Lr CC Classic with sync paused. If, for any reason, I want files to sync I use Lr CC and the Mobile app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gkphoto - I have the same problem and it drives me crazy. Have you found a solution?

I do use sync, I enjoy culling through images away from my desk, but the warning and little flying circle drive me nuts!

John Beardsworth, I don't know what your not understanding and I'd hope an ACP would have a more "professional" response then "time to follow my advice".  If we're in a synced collection, new or old, and I remove an image from the collection - I receive a popup saying "Images will be removed from Lightroom mobile when sync is enabled" EVERY SINGLE TIME!!

Yes, I have synced folders

Yes, sync is currently paused (I don't like to always have it running and slowing things down)

Yes, gkphot obviously has a folder checked for sync...

..but WHY DOES THE NOTICE HAVE TO COME UP EVERY TIME!!!

Would it kill them to put a  "Don't show this warning again" checkbox?!?!

Deleting all mobile data is not going to help this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't want that message, but you wish to continue using Mobile, enable Sync. Why no "don't show again" box? Because it's an important message, people check the box, forget they did it, and then need help.

Thanks, but when I need a lecture on being "professional" I'll come and beg for your wisdom....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's lots of important 'tips' when you first open Lr, and you can disable them. We were just wondering how to disable this one. 

Sorry to offend your ego, John. I should have known from the camera-holding profile pic that you are a professional.

I'm done with feeding time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ArclightImages  wrote

I'm done with feeding time.

You are the one who made the personal comment, so I recommend you look yourself in the mirror.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having this problem... I accidently pressed something to do with sync... Up until now I've never seen this message come up, now every time I remove a photo from a collection this pop-up comes up. This is seriously driving me crazy. I've tried pausing sync - the message still comes up. I've looked in preferences but can see no Mobile section?? I am using Lightroom Classic. Please help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - deep breath - I have found the solution. I right clicked on the collection folder and selected 'Stop syncing with Lightroom Mobile'

I am so relieved haha.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines