4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 9, 2018 9:58 AM by Sue Garibaldi

Text, darn it!

M_Hinman Level 1

So has anyone figured out a workaround where you can generate vector text in Draw? I don't have Illustrator, so I don't have any way to add the required text to my project.

Is there an all-iPad solution where I can generate the text I need and bring it in on a layer and still be vector?

And, I hope Adobe is listening... we need text, and ability to either deform it or place along a path.

--

Matthew

• 1. Re: Text, darn it!
          Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

HI Matthew.

Yep. We do get occasional requests to include text functionality in Draw but I don't know what the plan is for incorporating it into the app. I'll definitely share your request with the product team.

In the meantime have you tried using Capture? I'm not sure how much text you're wanting to use, but you can save text as an image, bring it into Capture and save it as a shape, and bring that into a a Draw Layer in Draw (it will create a scalable graphic).

How much text are you wanting to bring in to your Draw composition?

Sue.

2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Text, darn it!
            theshnuggles Level 1

I know this is old, but I've just searched everywhere for an answer to adding text to drawings and can't find anything newer.

Is there any plans to be able to add text layers to either the sketch or draw app? I just want to be able to sketch objects and then add a few text layers to label them. I may be missing something, but I don't understand why one of the apps doesn't have a text tool in the tool bar.

Thanks in advance for your response!

• 3. Re: Text, darn it!
              KoMaruyama Adobe Community Professional

Capture is good.  Also, check out Adobe PS Express

When I checked / launched PSExpress on my iPad, it had TEXT STYLES in the highlights.

• 4. Re: Text, darn it!
                Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi TheShnuggles.

Although it does get requested occasionally, and may be considered down the road, there aren't any current plans to incorporate a text feature into either Draw or Sketch.

Currently the only way to bring text into the app is to bring it in  through the Shapes menu (through Capture CC) or by bringing any file in to an Image Layer through the Creative Cloud Files folder. (Please let me know if you need instructions for doing either of those.)

I will share your request with the drawing teams.

Sue.