• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

EPUB Animations on iPad not working properly / buggy!

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm trying to create an ePub for a client to use on their iPad. The animations on the iPad appear before the page loads, then disappear, then appear again with the chosen animation. This really ruins the flow of the document! It works perfectly on iBooks on my Mac. I've tried copying all of the content onto another new document and then exporting it to see if works. Again, it does not but some elements (text/graphics) do animate properly whilst other elements still have the same problem.

I've seen similar problems here with no proper fix: Re: Fixed EPUB animations buggy? The latest reply to that thread says to untick the 'Hide Until Animated' checkbox and put a delay on the first animation, but this has not helped.

Has anyone else experienced this? Or better yet, found a proper fix?

Thanks,

Ben

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben,

Having a complete nightmare with this issue too, going on a long time, have you any updates on a solution to this problem??? I have tried all the suggestions such as 'Hide until Animated' and applying a delay on the animated elements.

Thanks in advance,

Eoin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Re animations, it might be worth having a look at InDesign's Publish Online and these two applications:

CircularFLO (Mac only): https://www.circularflo.com/

in5 Digital Magazines, Mobile Apps, Web Banner, Microsites, & more from InDesign with in5 - Home

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look here : Re: Fixed EPUB animations buggy?

I've posted my two cents solution, hope this can help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines