1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 28, 2017 5:36 PM by Jeff Arola

Installing CS6 on a new computer--Print settings changed

david l elliott

I bought CS6 four years ago and installed it on a Mac. I just used my cd disc to install it on a new Mac but the printer commands and settings have changed somewhat. Print Settings no longer has two of the paper sizes I print on, and the choices of Media Type for photo paper to print on are different. Some of the terms are also different, like the Presets choices no longer has "Standard" but instead it says "Default Settings." How can I put in the settings I want and need?

• 1. Re: Installing CS6 on a new computer--Print settings changed
          Jeff Arola Adobe Community Professional

Have you applied all the updates including 13.0.6 for photoshop cs6 using Help>Updates from within photoshop cs6?

I'm guessing your new mac has a newer mac os than the one you were using, so that could account for the changes in the

Print Settings, since that is a mac os dialog and not controlled by photoshop cs6.

Although apple does provide drivers for a majority of printers, you might check on the support pages for your printer maker and see if they provide a more up to date driver.

1 person found this helpful