• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to reinstall Dreamweaver CS5.5

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the app (education version) installed on my iMac from DVD in 2011. My iMac just died recently and I was not able to deactivate it beforehand. My new iMac has no disk drive so how do I get a downloadable version I can install. I have the original serial number. I tried a download from trials3.adobe.com but when I tried installing I got the message: ”install” can’t be opened. You should eject the disk image

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Contact Adobe Customer Care and ask for an activation reset. Don't ask for anything beyond that because Creative Suite is no longer supported and they'll send you right back to the user forum.

Contact Customer Care

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS5 is not supported by Sierra OS.  You can try the workaround methods described below but I cannot guarantee your legacy software will work as expected.

Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Good luck!

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy. It takes me right up to putting in the serial number but of course that doesn't work because it was never deactivated from the dead iMac. How do I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact Adobe Customer Care and ask for an activation reset. Don't ask for anything beyond that because Creative Suite is no longer supported and they'll send you right back to the user forum.

Contact Customer Care

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much Nancy. Everything eventually worked out as you recommended. I eventually got the thing deactivated and reinstalled and activated. So far it seems to be working OK except I now have a problem with the FTP settings not working but I think this is for my ISP to sort out as 3 other FTP clients  couldn't connect either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines