5 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2018 2:56 PM by stevef73787380

Creating Animated GIF

DhandaNot

I am trying to create an animated GIF using a series of photos. I am using the guide from Create animated GIFs |  However when I get to the Step 3 (Convert layers into animation frames) When I click on the right menu of the Timeline the options I see are different than the ones shown in the guide.

• 1. Re: Creating Animated GIF
          Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

We can't really work anything out from your description.  Can you paste a screen shot of your entire workspace showing the layers panel and the timeline please?  Don't downsize it.  Just copy to clipboard, and paste here with Ctrl v

Thanks

• 2. Re: Creating Aniated GIF
            JJMack Most Valuable Participant

The timeline Palette supports  two types of timelines.  A frame Animation Timeline or Video timeline.  Make sure you First used used Create Frame animation if that is what you are trying to do.  Use the Pull-down select create Frame Animation the click the create frame animation button,

Capture.jpg

• 3. Re: Creating Animated GIF
              faurej39374275

bonjour,

J'ai le même problème que DhandaNot, voici la capture d'écran de la fenêtre qui s'ouvre et qui n'est pas la même que dans le tutoriel. Pouvez-vous m'aider ? merci

• 4. Re: Creating Animated GIF
                Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

Hi Faurej

The menus are context sensitive.  They have different contents according to what is in the timeline.

You _have_ to create a Frame Animation as a first step. 

You can then use the menu to Make Frames from layers

You can then select all of the frames, and use any of the time drop downs to set the duration for each slide.

Does that help?  We have a French Language forum if that is an issue.

Forums en français

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Creating Animated GIF
                  stevef73787380

Be sure Timeline is visible (Window, Timeline)

Be sure Create Frame Animation is selected (drop down, middle of Timeline)

Click on Create Frame Animation, (drop down, middle of Timeline) this will insert your top layer into timeline.

Click flag icon on upper right of Timeline- you will now be able to see Make Frame From Layers - click on it and all of your frames will show up in timeline