Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CC 2017 is very bad

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Devs,

I use Dreamweaver since the early versions of Macromedia and the latter two versions (CC 2015 and CC 2017) are the worst I've ever used.

The software is extremely slow to perform any process. This is slow to load the files and does not generate productivity when writing some code.

I started using Netbeans to work and will downgrade to CS6 or CC 2014 version.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Have a look at this discussion Re: Dreamweaver CC 2017 ultra slow and freeze continually and see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at this discussion Re: Dreamweaver CC 2017 ultra slow and freeze continually and see if that helps.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I subscribed to the whole Adobe App servie and installed CC 2017.

My Mac hardware is as follows so had resonable expectations...

Processor Name:    Intel Core i7

Processor Speed:    2.3 GHz

Total Number of Cores:    4

L2 Cache (per Core):    256 KB

L3 Cache:    6 MB

Memory:    16 GB

Unfortunately since then, I've had nothing but performance related problems, in particular cache refreshes and generally working on code with JS.

I have spent many months searching and viewing forums to identify cause and solution. Apart from random fixes which have worked for individual setups, there is nothing coming out of Adobe accepting that CC 2017 performs poorly across the board with constant freezing and lagging issues ocurring with every session.

I've now got to the point where patience has worn out and I have installed CS6 which i know worked fine!

Doing so has of course reinastated the extention manager, server behaviours and i am now able to use all my DMXZone and Webassist extentions without issues.

Theres too much failing in CC 2017. I'm more than happy to remain with CS 6 - that is until adobe provide a major release to CC2017 which meets my needs.

I'm even able to use the creative cloud to host my files, so that's a bonus with CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines