• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Cinema 4D, unexpected visibility of nested comp

Enthusiast ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below are 5 screenshots, Layer1 hosts Layer2 which hosts Layer3. In comp Layer1 you can see Layer2 is visible despite being set to 0% opacity. Enabling 3D for that layer doesn't change things. However, if I disable the Collapse Transformations switch, opacity is then honored and Layer2 is no longer visible. Why, and how can I avoid this problem? Thanks!

Screenshot #1: Comp Layer1 hosting comp Layer2 which is visible despite Opacity=0% ...

Layer1.png

Screenshot #2: Comp Layer1 hosting comp Layer2 w/3D switch active. Layer2 is still visible despite Opacity=0% ...

Layer1b.png

Screenshot #3: Comp Layer1 hosting comp Layer2 w/3D switch active and now Collapse Transformations is disabled which causes Layer2 to stop being visible within comp Layer1.  Opacity=0% is honored ...

Layer1c.png

Screenshot #4: Comp Layer2...

Layer2.png

Screenshot 5: Comp Layer3:

Layer3.png

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Interesting ... I might see the issue... in the above, Layer2 has a mask. According to the 3D Renderer tab for CINEMA 4D, it shows masks are "disabled" on continuously rasterized and collapsed 3D precomp layers. I'm thinking its not so much disabled as disallowed (i.e., please don't use but AE won't stop you). When I remove the masks, the issue goes away.

Does anyone have any confirming thoughts on this? In a perfect world, AE should probably not allow creation of masks on such layers, or enable

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interesting ... I might see the issue... in the above, Layer2 has a mask. According to the 3D Renderer tab for CINEMA 4D, it shows masks are "disabled" on continuously rasterized and collapsed 3D precomp layers. I'm thinking its not so much disabled as disallowed (i.e., please don't use but AE won't stop you). When I remove the masks, the issue goes away.

Does anyone have any confirming thoughts on this? In a perfect world, AE should probably not allow creation of masks on such layers, or enablement of collapsed 3D precomp on existing CINEMA 4D layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines