• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blank screen on after effects

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using this program for less than 4 hrs. The first few attempts at using it were OK.  I started a composition and moved some pictures from illustrator saved as a PSD. Then out of the blew the screen is black. I can't see any layers i can't see anything. I'm getting frustrated. I uninstalled cleared my cash and everything everyone else is doing but it didn't work. So at my whits end with adobe programs to be honest and the information for solving problems is always pushed to other tutorial groups for extra money. All I want is one program to work so that a newbie can get shit done.

So to be concise i moved pictures into the layered areas and they don't show up on the screen like I'm seeing people do online tutorials and no one has an answer for me. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of your After Effects window when it's in this state?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, a quick fix to try would be going to the Window -> Workspace menu and selecting 'Essentials' to reset the workspace to a known state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot adobe.jpg

this is step by step from opening a composition to adding in layers. Please help me solve this before i break my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a full-sized screen capture after your final step - these shots are too small to see. Please also expand all elements of your layers too (Ctrl-a to select all layers, then ctrl-click on one of the layer arrows at the left of the layer name).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2017-04-29 (32).png2017-04-29 (35).png2017-04-29 (34).png2017-04-29 (33).png

better?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Nothing stands out so far. Can you double-click on your .psd layer so that it opens up in the layer viewer and then post a screenshot of that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2017-04-29 (36).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's still the composition view. When you double-click on the psd layer it should open up the layer view. It'll look like this:

AE_Layer_View.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2017-04-29 (37).png

i think i see now. that none of my psd files have anything in them but my PNG do so i started using them. Will that file be a problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE supports PNGs. Do your PSD files not have anything in them even when viewed in Photoshop? Or does that only happen when you import them into AE? Also, there are multiple ways to treat PSD files in terms of layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so i saved them from illustrator as PSD and used them to layer a few times as i goofed around, then all of a sudden there's nothing in the file anymore. Which is weird because I have other PSD files I saved at the same time but never used and they seem to show up. But now I'm having a black screen when i press play after i put in the layers. I hate this program all i want is a 5 second intro to a YouTube video with my logo and name is that too much to ask?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi papapot,

Did you ever figure this problem out? What happened?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines