• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

doctype error?

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I build the page in photoshop, import it over to dream weaver, immediately get an error code for no doctype, I check the page in live view looks perfect, I then add the doctype like so <!DOCTYPE html> at the top of the page, check again in live view and have all kinds of display issues. I am running PS CC and DW CC. Any clues on this? I have tried lower case on the doctype also and still didn't work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Photoshop is a terrific graphics app but it's woefully inept at generating good HTML and CSS code.  You cannot use PS generated code on a live web site.  PS is fine for making comps to show the client before you undertake the real work of building your design with HTML & CSS code.   Use PS for images only. 

1. Define your local site folder in DW by going to Site > New Site.  The site folder is where you keep your images and other site assets on our hard drive.   Example:  C:\MyTestSite\
    CC-localsite.jpg
  2. Create a new

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is a terrific graphics app but it's woefully inept at generating good HTML and CSS code.  You cannot use PS generated code on a live web site.  PS is fine for making comps to show the client before you undertake the real work of building your design with HTML & CSS code.   Use PS for images only. 

1. Define your local site folder in DW by going to Site > New Site.  The site folder is where you keep your images and other site assets on our hard drive.   Example:  C:\MyTestSite\
    CC-localsite.jpg
  2. Create a new HTML document.  Or use a Starter Template.  Go to  File > New > see screenshot.

CC-StarterPage.jpg

Once your file is saved to your local site folder, DW creates assets folders for you.

CC-StarterPageAssets.jpg

You should have an error free document to work with.  You can insert your JPG or PNG images that you made in PS.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines