Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash

Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sick and tired of the problems i had with Adobe flash on my Macs for more than a decade. I really don't understand why YOU Adobe, the frontrunner of graphics for Mac's can't make a Flash that works on a Mac. On all my Mac's, (and I had six running nr. 7 now) the Flash use so much power, that fans are running wild. Please get your act together, and create a Flash that works. I'm willing to pay for it, not too much, but if that is what it takes just do it 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Flash Player is a language runtime.  Think of it like Java.  We process code that other people write, and render pixels to the screen.

It's fully possible to write efficient content that targets Flash Player.  Similarly, it's fully possible to write inefficient content. 

Practices like ad-stuffing, where content providers embed dozens of ads (both visible and invisible) on a given page further exacerbate the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem as the person above..Can't get adobe to work--don't know if i have it downloaded or not--whether i'm being charged or not---I just give up and don't watch my video-what a mess--tells me one thing when I try to  correct it i'm told something else--I would think any company who is in the business of computers could please make the software work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounds like the person above sees working content, but that content uses enough CPU that the fans on the computer need to run.

Your description states that you're not able to watch a video, which sounds like a distinct problem to me.

Also, there's not really sufficient detail that would allow me to provide you with useful advice.

The following guide describes how to post an actionable question:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1195540

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player is a language runtime.  Think of it like Java.  We process code that other people write, and render pixels to the screen.

It's fully possible to write efficient content that targets Flash Player.  Similarly, it's fully possible to write inefficient content. 

Practices like ad-stuffing, where content providers embed dozens of ads (both visible and invisible) on a given page further exacerbate the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines