• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects CC 2017 doesn't render full video or audio

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a Macbook Pro OS X and After Effects CC 2017. When I render a composition, which includes animation and a .wav audio file, it renders for the full time-frame, but the animation and audio stop a couple seconds in. I'm left with a silent, still image for the remainder of the time. It previews just fine. I've checked the render settings and they seem fine. I'm rendering to Photo-JPEGs at 30 f/s at the highest quality. What gives?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also, what resolution are we talking about? how are you previewing your file?

try this: drag your footage to Ae and load it to cache (numpad 0 set it to cache before preview) and preview it. does it preview fine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I cache the .mov file in AE, it does play, but only 200 frames or so at a time. Is there no way to play it in Quicktime?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to make sure there isn't a problem with you video, just with the playback. Photo-Jpeg isn't the best codec for playback, it's considered a virtually lossless codec and usually not for playback purposes. if you wan't a decent playback, you should render your video Through Adobe Media Encoder with H.264 preset. see it here: Basics of rendering and exporting in After Effects CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help, Roei. It seems it will play in pieces in AE. I'm still not sure how to view the whole thing. I'll check out the link you sent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE's preview caches to your RAM. If you want to preview your whole thing, you will need to either add more RAM or reduce the requirements. Most AE professionals don't preview their whole comp at full resolution, by the way. Spot check things here and there, sure, but not the whole thing at full size.

Change your comp down to half resolution and it should be able to cache a lot more of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kaia,

Were you ever able to export your video? Please let us know if you did or if you still need help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm also having the same problem as well. When i try to render the video it stops a few seconds. Do you know any way to fixing this? Even when i put it in adobe Media Encoder it stops at the same place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines