2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2008 6:41 PM by Newsgroup_User

summary rows

irislpc
      If I am not displaying the hierarchical data in AdvancedDataGrid by using group collection, can I still use summary rows? I populate the advanced data grid with external xml file. The xml is structured hierarchically so that I don't need to group the data. The problem is I have data that need to be displayed in group row. Can I use summaries function to do that?
      Here is the sample application my advanced data grid
        • 1. summary rows
          Gregory Lafrance Level 6
          Summary data is not supported for hierarchical data represented by the HierarchicalData class. You can only create summary data for data represented by the GroupingCollection class.

You could, however, pass the data through a function to create an ArrayCollection of flat data that represents the data as a hierarchy using objects.
          • 2. Re: summary rows
            Level 7

"irislpc" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:ghpdmn$s2k$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > If I am not displaying the hierarchical data in AdvancedDataGrid by using
            > group
            > collection, can I still use summary rows? I populate the advanced data
            > grid
            > with external xml file. The xml is structured hierarchically so that I
            > don't
            > need to group the data. The problem is I have data that need to be
            > displayed in
            > group row. Can I use summaries function to do that?
            > Here is the sample application
            > http://www.irislin.net/itemRenderer/reliability.html

http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/html/help.html?content=advdatagrid_08.html

"Note: Summary data is not supported for hierarchical data represented by
            the HierarchicalData class. You can only create summary data for data
            represented by the GroupingCollection class."

I couldn't get at your app, since I'm not going to upgrade to Flash Player
            10 just to help you (I think that change is far more difficult to undo than
            to do), but you might find that you can make a GroupingCollection from your
            XML just by casting it.