• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR6: "could not copy file to destination folder because it is not writable" [was: Sony uncompressed]

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I had the trial of lightroom 6 for windows for 30 days with no problem editing any of the photos I took from my sony a7ii uncompressed raw photos. My trial ended so I decided to buy it from the store and now this msg keeps popping up on all the photos "could not copy file to destination folder because it is not writable" never had this issue with the trial and now this comes up. I have updated the DNG converter, Lightroom is up to date, and so is my entire computer. Has anyone found a solution

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Open the Import dialog.

Check the Destination panel on the right. Verify that the destination folder is what you intend.

Using Windows File Explorer, verify that the destination folder and its parent have READ and WRITE privs for your account (or Everyone).

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Open the Import dialog.

Check the Destination panel on the right. Verify that the destination folder is what you intend.

Using Windows File Explorer, verify that the destination folder and its parent have READ and WRITE privs for your account (or Everyone).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines