• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Kyle's Sketch Brushes (& Photoshop Brushes) not importing into Sketch

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been using PS Sketch for a while now and I really appreciated all the new features added that enhance my experience.

The big issue I'm having here is that when I try to add Kyle's brushes for Sketch on my iPad, none show up? To try and access them, I press and hold on a brush and I go to the libraries tab, but when I go there, the brushes I imported from photoshop ALSO aren't in 'My Library' and Kyle's Brushes don't show up at all:

IMG_3999.JPG

(As you can see I tried uploading Kyle's Brushes multiple times to no avail.)

It's really strange, I think when I use PS Sketch on my iPhone 7, Kyle's Brushes show up? But it's not showing up on my iPad and drawing primarily on my iPhone isn't really conducive to my workflow. (Do you think it's a software update issue? I don't think so, as I have the latest version. I also have a slightly older generation iPad, if that's at all relevant.)

This has been a huge problem for me for weeks now, I'd really appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Aysha

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

HI AR.

It could be the age of your iPad.  Which one is it? Support for PS  brushes is only on devices that have A7 (and above) processors.

Let me know.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI AR.

It could be the age of your iPad.  Which one is it? Support for PS  brushes is only on devices that have A7 (and above) processors.

Let me know.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Ipad pro is newest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Antti.

Sorry brush import isn't working correctly.

The most important thing for importing brush files is a good Internet connection.  Some  brush libraries are extremely large and will take a very long time to download and if the download doesn't happen fast enough, the connection will time out or stall (although I haven't heard of importing causing the app to crash).

A couple of things:

How is your Internet connection? If it's weak, or inconsistent, it will continually have to restart the process.

Have you tried installing from a different wifi network?

Have you tried importing the brushes from a storage service other than Creative Cloud? If not, you might try the  "Import from other sources" option and grab the files from Dropbox and see if you have more success

Have you tried force-quitting the app, restarting your device, then relaunching and trying again?

Please let me know what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks! Its nice that you help me!

I have only one internet connection on my home. So I can test other wifi later. My Internet connection is mediun fast and usually works fine. When I upload .tpl file in cloud its work very fine. Problem is when I try download file in my Ipad to Sketch app.

I understand that file are larges so I try export small tpl files from my photoshop. Those file include only 1-3 brushes. When I try install brushes in my sketch its dowload files but never transfer anything Kyles brush file.

I tried already different storages like dropbox and google drive. Downloading is faster but every time sketch is closing and file are empty. And I tried restarting device, then relaunching and trying. What is force-quitting app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I think downloading working maybe fine because Sketch shows me that all content downloadin my Ipad (100%) but when next step start app closing itself. Sketch says that it transfer brushes. I think this mean app try upload content to sketch library and then it allways shut down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Antti.

I was fortunate enough to catch one of Sketch's engineers and he thinks it possible that one of the brushes that you're trying to import is causing the crashing.

He asked if you could send a link to the .tpl file you're trying to import.

Instead of posting it publicly you can click on my name and direct message it to me here OR you can send it through the in-app feedback (tap Settings then Send Feedback).

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be that you are trying to import a .tpl file that contains Mixer brushes, Eraser tools, or Smudge tools - use your preset manager to eliminate those particular tools and then save out a custom .tpl file that only contains my standard 'brush' tools - make sense? Reply to info (at ) kylebrush (dot) com -

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem? Is there someway to fix it? I import files from photoshop and only brush tools. When I upload brush from creative cloud my Adope Sketch closed every time. When I open it again Kyles brush file is empty?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I send you private message.

-Antti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see it Antti.

I'll send it over to our engineer a bit later this morning (it's super early here).

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

I believe I'm having the same issue. Would you mind having them take a look into my issue as well?

I've already started a thread : Kyle Brushes into Sketch Issue

My iPad shows the same screen, 0 brushes in my library and there is no option to "add" anything into my library at all.

Thanks so much for your help!

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2017 Sep 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Chris.

Looks like you and Angie figured this one out together.

Let me know if I'm mistaken.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines