Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make Premiere Pro CC 2017 use more resources

Contributor ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Evening All,

Can anyone suggest ways I can make Adobe Pr CC 2017 (latest version) use more resources so as to speed up rendering times please?

My machine has a gub of RAM, SSD for C: , HSSD for D: and loads of processor available yet its only using a small amount. Can this be increased or allocated better in Prem or Media Encoder or is it the GPU on my graphics card - an NVidia GT630 - that's my bottleneck please? See snip here mid-render of an 6 min HD film which took about 25 mins maybe to do.

Capture.JPG

Thanks in advance,

Luke !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

That video card is not suitable for Premiere Pro.

What processor do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That video card is not suitable for Premiere Pro.

What processor do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

As per the screenshot I'm running Dual Quadcore Intel E31270 in this case. My graphics card options were limited due to motherboard power and PSU limitations.

Luke

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this reminds me of the hd bug where it won't use more than 4 cores unless its output is higher than hd.

"2) However, there is a definite limit as to how may CPU threads will get utilized for a HD to HD H.264 output workflow"

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2244842?start=40&tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, I'm using Windows Media format for my outputs with preset HD 1080p 24 as they're most widely available. I've not tried rendering at H.264 but I'll give that a try for the purposes of this conversation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Luke,

As Peru Bob stated, that GT 630 is unsuitable for Premiere Pro. There were/are two versions – both of which range from abysmal to bad. One had only 96 CUDA cores (the same Fermi-based GF108/117 GPU as its GT 530 predecessor); the other, 384 CUDA cores (a newer Kepler GK208-based GPU that's restricted by its 64-bit memory bandwidth). Both of those, unfortunately, are equipped with extremely lousy DDR3 VRAM with an extremely low throughput of less than 30 GB/second! And when I tested a GK208-based GT 730 with GDDR5 VRAM (40 GB/second throughput), normal applications began to slow down noticeably compared to using a higher-end GPU or even integrated CPU-based graphics.

By the way, that E3-1270 requires a discrete GPU since it lacks an IGP. Unfortunately, the power supply restricts the GPU that you may use. With that CPU and your existing PSU you may be able to get away with a reference-clocked GeForce GTX 1050 Ti in your system. Heck, even the newly-introduced GeForce GT 1030 (newer Pascal architecture using the GP108 GPU, 384 CUDA cores, 64-bit GDDR5 VRAM with a throughput of 48 GB/second) would be a significant improvement over that GT 630.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks all for the replies and the technical details particularly.

Because of the type of motherboard and power supply my options for a gfx add on card were limited and my card gets me dual screen which was the main reason. Handles any games I play fine but that's increasingly infrequent!

With my next machine when the time comes I'll look at the hardware requirements and recommended cards by Adobe and factor that into my purchase.

In the meantime it does the job and I can leave it to render during the night if required.

Thanks again for the replies and I wish you all a great week ahead!

Luke

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines