2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2008 6:17 AM by Lithcause

help with seperating text with the end spaces but no linebreaks

Lithcause
      i have made a simple database that holds reciepes and the table structure is ID, RecipeName, and Ingredients... i have a simple form that a person can copy the name and put into the "RecipeName" field ... then i have a text field for the "Ingredients" where the person can just copy and paste into text field ... i am allready using paragraph format so seperate the ingredients from the how to make part but the actual ingerdinets come out all together... example:: it comes out like this when called from the database

1/2 cup mayonnaise 1 1/2 Tblsp. horseradish 4 (10") flour tortillas 4 cooked, boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced 1 1/3 - 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar, swiss or mozzarella cheese Fresh spinach leaves, lettuce or aspargus spears

Combine mayonnaise and horseradish in small bowl. Soften tortillas in microwave slightly. Divide and spread mayonnaise mixture evenly on each tortilla, making sure to leave 1/4" around edge. Spread 1/3 cup cheese on top of mayonnaise mixture: top with 1 sliced chicken breast. Add spinach leaves, lettuce or 3-4 asparagus spears. Starting at one edge, roll each tortilla up tightly with filling. Slice in center on diagonal.

Yield: 8 servings

WHEN I WANT it to come out like this

1/2 cup mayonnaise
      1 1/2 Tblsp. horseradish
      4 (10") flour tortillas
      4 cooked, boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
      1 1/3 - 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar, swiss or mozzarella cheese
      Fresh spinach leaves, lettuce or aspargus spears

Combine mayonnaise and horseradish in small bowl. Soften tortillas in microwave slightly. Divide and spread mayonnaise mixture evenly on each tortilla, making sure to leave 1/4" around edge. Spread 1/3 cup cheese on top of mayonnaise mixture: top with 1 sliced chicken breast. Add spinach leaves, lettuce or 3-4 asparagus spears. Starting at one edge, roll each tortilla up tightly with filling. Slice in center on diagonal.

Yield: 8 servings

but there are sometimes no line breaks inbetween the ingredients ... i know there has to be a code to catch the last character as a space or one return... please help