1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 30, 2017 9:26 AM by JJMack

Script to Save as .PNG @100% and @50% size

SchmutZz

Hello,

I am a beginner with Photoshop scripts. When I am working on graphics I use save for web to save one at 50% size and another at 100% size (for use on retina displays). I am sure it is easy to automate this process and I have been trying to find help with this.

What I need is a script which allows me to use a hotkey to quickly create two documents. One at 50% size and one at 100% size (if possible, they could each have suffixes like -S for the small file and -X for the larger file). I am sure once I start working with scripts I will pick it up quickly as I am experienced in website development and I use them in After Effects and other software all the time, I just don't know where to start (or where you actually add scripts in photoshop!)

Thanks

• 1. Re: Script to Save as .PNG @100% and @50% size
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Download the Image Processor Pro plug-in and install it into Photoshop and the Bridge.  Onec install the script can be used from Bridge menu Tools>Photoshop>Image Processor  Pro.  and in Photoshop menu File>Automate>Image Process Pro....

This Script is great for batch Processing you image files to save Image File types and sized.  The Script has a option to save out image that will fit within some pixels area.  The Script also includes and option to include an action to use when producing an output image file.

So in your case you need no action to save your 100% output PNG files but because the second output png files you want is one that is relative in size the the 100% image size you need to record a one stat action to do the resize and have the script include the action for the second png file. In the Image Size step you check Resample use the pull-down for units and select Percent set the interpolation you want used. Bicubic is a good general choice.    Bicubic sharper is **** if the original image is a soft camera image. If however you have sharpened the source images I would not choose bicubic sharper.

Capture.jpg

A Batch action could also be recorded to do the whole process. However the Actions would need to use two separated fixed output folders and would overwrite existing files it them if thet exist.  Scripts can use logic to name output files and check it a file exist.   The image processing scripts by default will not overwrite output files they will write new files and add a suffix to the file name if needed.  I believe I saw   a statement in the Script that could be changed to the default operation the instead replace output files.  Not generate a new name.