• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open photo editor in elements 15

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have successfully installed Elements 15 on my laptop from the disc.  Windows 10.  But when I click on the shortcut icon, and then the photo editor, it still gives me installation options, and doesn't open.  The organizer and the video editor both open.  Just not the photo editor.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you install both Premiere Elements ( the video editor) and Photoshop Elements (the photo editor)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only had the option to install Photoshop Elements 15, or the trial version.  Two bars to click on.  It led me to put in my serial number, after the installer was set up.  I did that, it installed, and afterwards, clicked on the shortcut.  The window that pops up has Photo Editor, Organizer, and Video Editor, all in a row along the bottom.

Clicking on Organizer brings me right into the organizer.  The same goes for Video Editor.  It's only the Photo Editor that brings up a smaller window wanting to know if I want to install it from the disc or get the trial version, or cancel.

I have plenty of space, and the only thing I don't have is the program working properly (photo editor).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you purchase both Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements and receive a separate serial number for each?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So it appears I need to look closer when I rush into the store and grab a box.  After reading your question, I went to look at the box.  Sure enough, I bought the Premiere.  Definitely not what I want.  So I have uninstalled the program from my laptop, boxed everything back up, and I am hoping there will be no trouble with me returning it for the Photo Editor.

Thank you!

I am sure this may make the "stupidest" column on the company corkboard.  I feel dumb.  But...now I know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Which of the following icons do you click trying to open Photoshop Elements

If it is the first one then the Photo editor is not installed and you need to install it to access it. Please use the below link to download Photoshop Elements 15 (You need to enter a 24 digit serial number starting with 1057 during installation, if you have received only one serial number starting with 1143 with your purchase then you have only purchased Premiere Elements 15, the video editor, which would not allow you to access the photo editor):

Download Photoshop Elements | 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10

Hope it helps.

Thanks and regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines