Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

27" iMac having major problems with Adobe CC 2017 Premiere Pro & other programs

Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a late 2012 iMac that is having problems with Adobe CC 2017 Premier Pro & other programs. It keeps freezing, which requires a restart. The screen has gone black multiple times, the mouse wheel spins, which NEVER happens.

After looking at the system requirements it appears that my video card might not meet the specs. Is that possible?

I'm looking here now- Premiere Pro System Requirements for Mac OS and Windows

I have a 2.9 GHz i7 processor, 32GB of RAM, and a 1.25TB Fusion Drive with plenty of hard drive space. But, my video card is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M 512MB, which isn't listed on the list of requirements above.

I appreciate your help! We have ceased to use the programs in the meantime. Is it possible this could have damaged my GPU? The computer is acting strangely now.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

The newer CC versions of PrPro really need at least a gig of vRAM, so that card is probably not helping a lot. In general, five year old hardware, even with a decent amount of RAM like you have, will have performance issues with a number of the effects and such within the newest version. These programs are pretty hardware-intensive.

You might post over on the Hardware forum, giving your complete system specs, including all drives and such, and see if anyone has ideas for ways to keep that going a

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The newer CC versions of PrPro really need at least a gig of vRAM, so that card is probably not helping a lot. In general, five year old hardware, even with a decent amount of RAM like you have, will have performance issues with a number of the effects and such within the newest version. These programs are pretty hardware-intensive.

You might post over on the Hardware forum, giving your complete system specs, including all drives and such, and see if anyone has ideas for ways to keep that going a bit longer.

https://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere/hardware_forum

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines