• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC 2015 publish to Flickr fails

Explorer ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've abandoned google photos since they no longer support picasaweb & do not upload LR edited version of photo. Searching for a replacement and trying Flickr. But I can't get my photos to upload.  I receive the message below or "Error 1...check your internet connection". My internet connection is fine. I've removed authorization and added back. I've even uninstalled & reinstalled Lightroom. Errors are slightly different but ultimately it isn't uploading. One time it uploaded 22 of the 278 photos. Another time it uploaded 53 of 278. I deleted the 22 photos on Flickr in case there was something hanging it up. But next most successful attempt it only got to 53. All the other times it did nothing & returned an error message. I'm so frustrated with the publishing apps & having to download & use Jeffrey Freidl products, which work wonderfully but seem to need an update & reinstall every time I get on LR. I'm seeing lots of threads with this issue but mostly they are older or link to older threads & none of them have the question answered. So 2 questions.

1. Can flickr be made to work reliably & consistently? If not, will LR please remove products like this? We are paying a lot of money every year & these things should work without days of my life troubleshooting every time I want to publish photos.

2. If Lightroom to Flickr is as unstable as the various unresolved threads about a similar error make it appear, what photo storage site is recommended? What do people use that allows you to upload the LR edited photo, share online with others, organize/group the photos into albums or collections, & allow others to download a full res version of the photo?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Flickr was having lots of troubles earlier today, and it appears the issue was with Flickr's servers (the cloud), unrelated to Lightroom.

These episodes of Flickr instability seem to occur several times a year in the last couple of years, ever since Yahoo entered its death spiral and got bought by Verizon.  The only thing users can do is retry a couple of times a day and monitor the Flickr help forum (which will have more up-to-date status than this forum).

There's nothing Adobe can do about Flick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flickr was having lots of troubles earlier today, and it appears the issue was with Flickr's servers (the cloud), unrelated to Lightroom.

These episodes of Flickr instability seem to occur several times a year in the last couple of years, ever since Yahoo entered its death spiral and got bought by Verizon.  The only thing users can do is retry a couple of times a day and monitor the Flickr help forum (which will have more up-to-date status than this forum).

There's nothing Adobe can do about Flickr, since it's a different company.  The plugin continues to be very useful, though, since there are many, many LR users still using Flickr.

Friedl's Flickr plugin often handles the instability a little bit better, though it too is subject to Flakr's flakiness.

Smugmug and Zenfolio are two popular alternatives (I use Zenfolio), and I'm sure others will chime in and suggest their favorites. But the alternatives usually cost money,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. I just downloaded what looks to be a fairly new app called SlickPic. It worked just fine so I will test it. Zenfolio looks great but I'd need photo sharing capabilities and it appears that isn't available until you get to the $180 annual plan. Is that true?  That is a little more than I want to spend for a hobby. $60/year would be doable for me but I need to be able to share photos with others. Thank you for your response & validation that Flickr is unstable. I appreciate knowing so I quit wasting my time trying to solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Zenfolio looks great but I'd need photo sharing capabilities and it appears that isn't available until you get to the $180 annual plan.

Not sure which sharing capabilities you're looking for, but I pay $30/year and I share albums and individual photos all the item by sending out sharing links that others can click on to view the albums and photos.

I switched to Zenfolio after Yahoo regrooved Flickr a few years ago and it made it impossible to view all of a photo's metadata without scrolling each photo.  Zenfolio hasn't been perfect, but it's been pretty reliable for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines