Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Text from Word with Complex scripts

Explorer ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm importing text from word that also has complex scripts embedded in that are different from the regular formatting, for example a piece of text would be in Times New Roman 10pt but also have a Complex Script that is David(font) 9pt, the issue is that the text in Word appears with the regular formatting (Times New Roman etc, and I want it like that) but when I import it to InDesign the Font appears in the Complex Script Format (David 9pt). Does somebody know why? and maybe have a solution for this?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing first: what are your import settings in InDesign? Keep or remove formatting? Are you aware these options are there and need to be set? In case of keeping formatting: do you map styles to styles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I keep the formatting, and I don't map them and I set the characters styles with find and change

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines