• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Motion Graphics Templates and no font selection

Explorer ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why in the world would Adobe not allow a font change in Adobe Premiere when using a Motion graphics Template? Even some of the samples provided include font selection, size and alignment features.

When will you update this Adobe?

Mod note: Title change for search purposes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 20, 2017 May 20, 2017

Hi Automono,

When is not a question we can answer, unfortunately. Sorry. You can make a feature request here.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the matter -- you can't make up your mind on the typeface you want to use?

Sounds like a simple solution to me.  Make a stinkin' decision.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Woah Dave, looks like you may be missing the fundamental reason for these templates. The entire idea revolves around the customization of animations via the essential graphics panel. Why not "Make a stinkin" decision" on color too? or any other modifiable attribute of a Motion graphics Template?

This feature exists so that the editor can make their own stinkin' decision. As a result, I think your response is not only ridiculous but downright ignorant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why in the world would Adobe not allow a font change in Adobe Premiere when using a Motion graphics Template? Even some of the samples provided include font selection, size and alignment features.

I agree. font changing parameter should be a supported feature. ask for it here: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

I can't understand how you mean "even some of the samples include font selection". are you suggesting that some of the provided Ae Templates offer the ability to change a font (I haven't checked each and every one)? size can linked to property controllers with the right setup. I see they have "upper case" too as a property controller - don't know what expression is this. for alignment, will have to look into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roei. Yeah, you see this one (included in premiere pro 2017.1) Has font features not possible when saving from AE. This is such an awesome opportunity to have lots of flexibility. I hate that changing a font is excluded at least from this version when saving from after effects.

Screenshot 2017-05-02 14.08.12.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. there is much difference between Premiere's MGT and Ae's MGT.

Premiere's MGT preserve the full editing capabilities and that make sense that the software won't close the edit of the template since they originated in the software to begin with. unfortunately, there's much less flexibility when importing Ae's MGT. they are quite different. Ae's uses dynamic link to closed file that contain all the media and animation (two files actually: one for the media and animation, the other for the property controllers you see in the EGP). the result is a closed "capsule" (the previous name for this feature) that cannot be fully edited in Premiere obviously. it cannot be edited back in Ae too, other than re-exporting a second file. so other than the property controllers you have, that's all you get for now.

in my opinion, the major drawbacks so far are not the properties that are supported, but that update is a very problematic: Re: Motion Graphics - Limits & Frustrations when put to actual use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ahhh.. I understand, Do you know of any documentation on how do you save Premiere MGT? I thought you could only make them in After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2017 May 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. An AE "Template / Whatever the hell it's called now" should allow you to change a simple text parameter as basic as FONT SIZE. Maybe tracking or is that too much for Adobe to comprehend. When I think they finally corrected this nonsense, I'm trying to side with Adobe while talking to a FCPX / Motion user and now have to take the walk of shame...... THX  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

allow you to change a simple text parameter as basic as FONT SIZE. Maybe tracking

see here for some workaround for the scale property : Re: Essential Graphics

as for tracking, you can add a tracking text animator and I see it works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Automono,

When is not a question we can answer, unfortunately. Sorry. You can make a feature request here.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We found a great workaround. Maybe not something Adobe wanted us to find out.

How To Change Fonts In Motion Graphics Templates | Motion Array

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2017 Dec 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a terrible attitude - adobe are so complacent. Why isn't when an answer you can answer? Because you have no intention of implementing it? You can see how many people want this feature - a feature that was previously available under live text templates - yet you shrug off the question with 'you can make a feature request'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RowleyJohn,

Why isn't when an answer you can answer? Because you have no intention of implementing it?

No, there are a lot of rules around financial and legal obligations we have as a company that I must comply with as a customer facing employee. Thanks for understanding.

yet you shrug off the question with 'you can make a feature request'.

It's the best answer I can give as a support representative at this time. My apologies if you consider it flippant. Here in support, we are only set up to solve existing problems with the software. Features and bugs are handled via the product team—not us, therefore, the best way to communicate with them is via that form.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it amazing that in the latest release, you can now just open the MOGRT in After Effects, but still no way to add a font selector in Premiere Pro. This is so frustrating, I can't think of any reason why this is not added. Adobe is even allowing an editor to open the MOGRT in After Effects but not select a font?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't agree more, from a programmer stand of view, if the fonts are implemented in a nice way, that should also be super easy to implement.. All my clients are now forced to use the fonts I give recommend them or request individual changes which make the ideas of templates completly obsolete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yet another huge disappointment from Adobe.

Something so easy, that would save so much workflow time, been requested since release, still not added ~1.5 years later...

Adding it to the pile of reasons I'm working on switching to Davinci Resolve for an all in one post solution.....

ADOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5.5 years later and Adobe still hasn't fixed this. Yes, I say "fixed" because the lack of this feature makes many text-based MOGRTs unusable/impractical. My bike can drive without brakes but that doesn't mean it doesn't mean it's not broken.

Edit: Yes they did *facepalm*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't able to find a single feature request about this issue. I made one now. Please vote for it here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-ideas/change-fonts-and-character-properties-in-after-ef...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Open the Esscential Graphics workspace
  2. Create a new comp with a text layer
  3. Choose that comp as the Primary source
  4. Solo Supported properties
  5. Drag the Text property of the text layer to the Esscential Graphics panel
  6. Click Edit Properties and select the options you want
  7. Save and export the MOGRT

The process will take less than 10 seconds and you will have the ability to change fonts in Premere Pro. It's been available as long as I can remember.

RickGerard_0-1694093699518.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Doh! There it is. Thanks a lot @Rick Gerard 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines