• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble with setting master hue and HEX>RGB>

New Here ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone, I am an absolute newbie when it comes to After Effects and I could really use some help.

I have a template I purchased from VideoHive and I am trying to edit it.  I have a particular color I am attempting to use the hex code for it is: #B01E24 The equivalent RGB is: (176, 30, 36).  which when converted to HSL gives me (358°, 71%, 40%), which I understand to be fairly simple.  However, when I go into After Effects to change the color following the instructions provided with the template, I am lost as to how I am supposed to change the color for a few reasons. 

First, as circled in the screenshot below for hue it give me an input of "0x 0.0°" which I understand the the 358 goes in the second half but what is the 0x for? 

Second, as also circled, While I was given percentage values for Saturation and Lightness in After Effects, it seems to be using a different scale, rather than a percentage, it appears to want a value between -100 and 100 and as much as I have tried, I cannot figure out what values I need to enter. 

Lastly if someone could offer an explanation as to why After Effects has to be so convoluted?  especially when it comes to something as simple as picking a color.  Am I the only one who feels like this?  Thanks in advance for anyone able to assist with this issue. 

Best regards,

Thomas

Screenshot 2017-05-02 21.20.44.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

There's nothing convoluted. The Hue/ Saturation effect works relative to the source color. It's not a color picker! Hence working based off your instructions with this effect makes no sense and the values make perfekt sense - you can animate everything and cycle through multiple spectrum rotation. I would strongly urge you to read the help and study some basic tutorials.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's nothing convoluted. The Hue/ Saturation effect works relative to the source color. It's not a color picker! Hence working based off your instructions with this effect makes no sense and the values make perfekt sense - you can animate everything and cycle through multiple spectrum rotation. I would strongly urge you to read the help and study some basic tutorials.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines