• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Elements 13 burning blotchy DVD.

New Here ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premier Elements 13 burning blotchy DVD. 

I'm on an iMac 21.5 inch (late 2013), OS X El Capitan, Version 10.11.6, 8 GB Ram, 1 TB disc with 513 GB free, and Apple SuperDrive DVD burner.  When go to play the DVD I burned it is blotchy after about a minute and a half and soon after that it freezes.  I've checked for updates to my software and it is up to date.  Where do I start to figure this out?  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't say how you are test-driving your DVD -- or what brand of DVD disc you are using -- but these things can make a difference.

The issue is not a software issue. You can prove this by saving your DVD as an ISO file on your hard drive, unpacking the ISO and playing the VOB files inside. The issue is with the disc or the player itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad to hear this may not be a software issue.  I've burned lots of DVD's using my current system and playing them on my home DVD player.  But I did just open a new stack of DVD's.  I'm using Sony DVD-R or Memorex DVD-R.  What brand of DVD's do you recommend?  Also, I'm burning using the Apple SuperDrive DVD burner I bought with my system at least 5 years ago.  Could it have gone bad?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

barbt76375157  wrote

What brand of DVD's do you recommend?

Verbatim with the Azo dye,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines