• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vertical type in InDesign CC 2017 (Chinese & Japanese)

New Here ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I type vertically in InDesign CC 2017 when I need to layout Chinese or Japanese? There is no vertical choice in Type tool now.

[Title edited for clarity by moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the forum for InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the InDesign forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi huis15466420,

To work with vertical type, please download InDesign CC in Chinese or Japanese. You can do this by going to your Creative Cloud Desktop app preferences, change the language, and install InDesign in that language. Full instructions on how to do this can be found in this article: Change the language setting of your Creative Cloud apps

After you've downloaded this version, you should have access to vertical character composition. Here's a full article on composing vertically with CJK (Chinese, Japanese, and Korean) characters: Compose CJK characters in InDesign

Please let me know if you have any more questions on how to work with vertical type.

Best,

Wren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines