Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Donor Banner

Explorer ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey adobe friends,

I have been asked to make a banner for a client with all the names and organizations who have donated funds for the cause of this client. However, the client has not given me a specific size for the banner yet and I am having trouble making a proof for them to show them a modified version of the one I have done below. The client now wants the main headline to be centered with bigger font, the names to be in 3 columns also with bigger font, and the names to be lined up underneath one another as perfect as possible. I know how to make two rows as you can see here but how would I make three especially since I don't know the width and height. I had to play around with the size of my image which changed the size and width of the names I had already typed on the image just to fit what I have on the example below. I also have a mask so the letters show up in white over the grey background. I also would like to know if there is a way to delete guide lines if you don't need some of them in a specific place.

Thank you for any help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

View > Clear Guides will remove all the guides from your page.

And I will repeat what I said about putting all of the names for each column in one text box  It will make all of your spacing and alignment much easier.

You can copy an entire column from the spread sheet and paste it into your document. It will come in as a text box, and you can set space after attributes. There is no reason for each name to be its own layer, and doing it that way is just making lots of unnecessary work for yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, something this text-heavy is not really a job for photoshop, unless you don't have InDesign or Illustrator.

Also, your approach is making this far harder than is has to be.

You don't need a mask to make the text white - just choose white as its color.

Your headline can also be in one text box, and its component words colored and styled separately.

Each column of names can be its own text box with a paragraph return between each name, and with long names wrapped. Space between paragraphs will keep the names neatly separated.

Screenshot 2017-05-03 10.45.17.png

Screenshot 2017-05-03 10.55.21.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presumably the banner is to be printed, it's not fair to ask you to produce the artwork if you're not given the size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Derek I don't know how to use InDesign or Illustrator as well as Photo Shop. Is there a way to delete guide lines that are used or do I just have to press CTR H to always get rid of them? They just disappear and are not deleted so when I want to replace a certain one or two I have to add more and it starts to look chaotic when I am trying to center words or images.

Here is an example of the client who also told me the size they want is 2' x 3'

They obviously used XL to make this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

View > Clear Guides will remove all the guides from your page.

And I will repeat what I said about putting all of the names for each column in one text box  It will make all of your spacing and alignment much easier.

You can copy an entire column from the spread sheet and paste it into your document. It will come in as a text box, and you can set space after attributes. There is no reason for each name to be its own layer, and doing it that way is just making lots of unnecessary work for yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This interpretation of an excel spreadsheet should be produced in InDesign or illustrator, it can be produced in Photoshop, but it's not ideal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also would like to know if there is a way to delete guide lines if you don't need some of them in a specific place.

Show Rulers if hidden. Select the Move tool and and place it over the Guide. You'll see it change to a Double Arrow cursor. Click and drag the guide back to the ruler. It will disappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Photoshop to create this kind of artwork is rather like using a pair of pliers as a screwdriver (with apologies to Bob Levine).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

- Liked your comparison Derek Cross!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines