• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image processing options in the bottom panel

Participant ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When processing images in LR6 sometimes the processed image will shift to the end on the panel; sometimes it stays where it is adjacent to the unprocessed image. If it shifts to the end of the panel and I click on it to copy sometimes it stays where it is and sometimes it moves back to where it started in the panel. There seems to be no rhyme nor reason. Help please.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand what you are meaning, could you provide some screen shots of the problem.

But first start with which version of Lightroom and your Operating System...

Tell us also what is the Sort setting here

Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 5.56.45 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably have your sort set to EDIT TIME/ASCENDING in Library which transfers to the filmstrip in Develop  Change it to something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 7 and LR6. In the library mode my lower panel looks like this:

library-mode-screenshot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're currently in Loupe view. Do View > Grid to go to grid view, and then you'll see the the Sort option in the toolbar at the bottom. Set it to Sort: Capture Time or Sort: Filename. (See the View > Grid menu for the keyboard shortcut.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can see the sorting options in Loupe view too if you turn the option ON in the RIGHT dropdown list.

Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 2.37.03 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the options in the dropdown menu but what do I do with it and why do I get different positions for the processed images, some staying in the alignment and others all moving to the end of the line?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Sort: is set to something other than Capture Time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to "view" and then to "sort" I am set for "capture time" at the top and "ascending" at the bottom of that drop-down list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps I am not making myself clear as it seems my settings are where you say they should be. At times when I process an image the processed image and the unprocessed image sit side by side in the sequence where it started. At other times the two images shift to the very end on the lower panel. If, at that point, I decide to copy the settings on that last image to use on the upcoming image the two images may stay at the end or they may shift all the way back to their original position. And it seems unpredictable:sometimes they stay at the end, sometimes they shift to the middle. I would prefer that all processed images stay in their starting location in the panel and not shift to the end but I don't know how to make this the standard setting. Make sense?

Here the images sit in their starting position:

processed-images-1.jpg

And here you can see that they have all shifted to the end on the panel:

processed-images-2.jpg

Do you see my problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Lightroom behaves for you like it does for me, whenever I import new images Lightroom always changes the sort order to, "Added Order". I like to work with, "File Name" order. When I have it in my preferred order the images remain together as I expect them to be. If I forget and let Lightroom switch then images end up at the end of the film strip. Is this what could be happening to you? I always have to remember to change the sort order after I have imported new images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, where does the change in order made by LR show up and how do I change it to "file order?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing that could be confusing the issue: Some of the photos in your screenshots are in expanded stacks. LR always sorts expanded stacks by the top image in the stack, with the other images in the stack immediately following.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

John, I am sure that is part of my problem. I will have to review stacks to see if I can learn how to avoid whatever it is that I am doing that fouls up the image sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines