Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Workspace programmatically

New Here ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been looking around for quite of time, and I can not find any "easy" solution to my problem.

Is there a way to open Premiere Pro with a specific workspace set before launch. Like a command parameter for exemple.

The need is to force the user to have one project per workspace.

If I understand correctly what I read this afternoon, we can use the Panel SDK to make actions like import files programmatically, but nothing about setting a specific workspace.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

There is no API around forcing a specific workspace.

However, new as of 11.1, there is API control over the preference to change workspaces, when opening a new project.

Template projects can also help...

What's the entire workflow, you're trying to support?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no API around forcing a specific workspace.

However, new as of 11.1, there is API control over the preference to change workspaces, when opening a new project.

Template projects can also help...

What's the entire workflow, you're trying to support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to my understanding, Projects attempt to open the workspace they were created with. If the workspace doesnt exist on the computer it opens the default workspace.

So if you were using a custom workspace when you created a project, when you open that project it tries to set the custom workspace you used to make that project

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> According to my understanding, Projects attempt to open the workspace they were created with.

It's based on whether Window --> Workspaces -->Import workspace from Projects is enabled or not. PProPanel deals with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are saying this setting will actually import the workspace AND try to set it? So the workspace information is saved along with project files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You are saying this setting will actually import the workspace AND try to set it?

If 'Import workspace from Projects' is enabled, yes, PPro will attempt to load (from the project) and apply that workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines