Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Let Turbulant Displace react to audio

New Here ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I want my background to react to my audio the same way like in this video: ARYAY - Always Wanted You (feat. Kimbra) - YouTube

I converted my Audio to Keyframes and added a Turblulant Displace to my background in order to create this smooth wavy motion.

Then I set the Evolution to 0 in the beginning and to something like 15 in the end (15 full rotations). Now to the hard part:

I want the motion to get faster whenever the music gets louder/whenever there is a kick kind of. (see the video)

I tried it with iExpressions "Change on Beat 1D" and it kind of works, but you can hardly tell that it reacts to the audio. If the value I use is too high, the motion is going back and forth which looks weird and is not what I want.

Maybe someone has a better idea of how to create this audio reacting motion.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

All you need to know:

Expression Speed and Frequency Control

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All you need to know:

Expression Speed and Frequency Control

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer! I am just new to After Effects so I don't really know how to apply the things in this article 😕

I created my 2 evolution keyframes with the stop watch in the beginning and end and now I have to add some kind of expression I guess? But what does the expression has to look like that the evolution speed reacts to the audio?

I thought it would be so simple^^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are new to After Effects, this isn't the sort of project to jump into. You need a good, solid, trustworthy, basic tutorial series (that is, not some random YouTuber) to get you a foundation first. After Effects is much more complicated than it looks.

If you really must do this now, you'll want to learn how to work with expressions. The best place for that is MotionScript.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines