• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Catalogs

New Here ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to migrate my LR catalogs to a new system and LR. I inadvertently copied my entire Pictures folder into LR. I would like to remove the Pictures folder from LR and properly migrate my catalogs into the new LR. How do I do that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

CLJohnson  wrote

I was trying to migrate my LR catalogs to a new system and LR. I inadvertently copied my entire Pictures folder into LR.

Does this mean you IMPORTED the photos into a new Lightroom catalog? Basically, just delete this catalog.

I would like to remove the Pictures folder from LR and properly migrate my catalogs into the new LR. How do I do that?

You copy the catalog file from one computer to the other, then double-click on the catalog file to open it. THERE IS NO IMPORTING IN THIS PR

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CLJohnson  wrote

I was trying to migrate my LR catalogs to a new system and LR. I inadvertently copied my entire Pictures folder into LR.

Does this mean you IMPORTED the photos into a new Lightroom catalog? Basically, just delete this catalog.

I would like to remove the Pictures folder from LR and properly migrate my catalogs into the new LR. How do I do that?

You copy the catalog file from one computer to the other, then double-click on the catalog file to open it. THERE IS NO IMPORTING IN THIS PROCESS. This is so important, I'm going to say it three more times.

THERE IS NO IMPORTING IN THIS PROCESS.

You might also have to re-connect the photos inside Lightroom.

The entire process is explained in a lot more detail (and no importing is mentioned) at https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I know I did it incorrectly but wasn't sure if I needed to delete the catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines