• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prepare An Image For Making a Rubber Stamp

Community Expert ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone has asked me how to prepare a couple of images for making rubber stamps.  I have watched a video of the rubber stamp making process on YouTube, and what I am wondering is how much detail I can get away with.  My first impression is that you can't do much better than give the stamp maker a silhouette, but

My first impression is that you can't do much better than give the stamp maker a silhouette, but I have found images that purport to be stamps that have retained some internal detail. like these

Image result for rubber stamps of pictures

Could I get away with this does anyone know?  I did this with Find Edges and inverted, and adjusted the contrast.

The problem is I am working twice removed from the stamp maker here.  Someone I know was asked to make the stamp and gave the job to another person who gave it to me.    I guess I need to insist on direct contact with the stamp maker and ask how much detail they can reproduce.

If this video is still relevant, then its a heck of a process.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't much experience of preparing artwork for rubber stamps, but I have for producing artwork for foil blocking on binding materials  (both fundamentally are crude letterpress (relief) printing processes. Your rubber stamp supplier should be able to give you advise, but I feel that you need to simplify this artwork as it would tend to fill in. Maybe some kind of keyline outline could work well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was exactly what I was thinking Derek.  I have been promised contact information with the stamp maker since starting this thread, so I'll see what they have to say.  It is always best to speak to the people who will be doing the job IMO.

Thanks for your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A little late to the party here - but we make stamps with this same process and equipment.  Contact us at [ link removed ] if you're still interested.  Tks, Mark

[ link removed by moderator for security reasons ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines