• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using layer param to PF_Checkout_Param, giving unwanted results.

Participant ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a text layer that is 50x50 in a comp that's 1000 x 1000. In_data gives me good info about this, the extent_hint is {100,100,150,150}.

If I checkout the same text layer using PF_Checkout_Param (called from a different layer with my effect applied), it tells me the width and height are both 1000 (the size of the comp) and the extent_hint is {0,0,1000,1000}. I'd like more exact info like I received in the in_data (in regards to extent_hint), how can I get this info by checking it out using PF_Checkout_Param, or another method? Thanks.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James,

I might be wrong as I'm not using text layers, but aren't text layers 'collapsed' layers (like shape layers)?

Then when you check it out, it gets the composition size instead of layer size.

Cheers,

François

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Francois

You're probably right. I was wondering if there was a way to get around that and find the exact layer size. Perhaps it's not possible.

I tried checking out a solid and it gave me the size of the solid, but no output origins. I need to find where the layer sits in the comp. So either extent_hint or output origins

Congrats on your new plugin btw, looks amazing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks 🙂

May be the layer's matrix could give you some informations, and compare it to comp's size... Just a thought though, not sure at all.

Cheers,

François

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines