• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WebAssembler compiler for Flash/Animate?

Participant ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A friend and industry colleague told me about WebAssembler.  He said that what Adobe should think about is making a WebAssembler compiler for Flash.

This sounds like it could save Flash/Animate from extinction and, by extension, those of us who invested 10-15 years in it. Once again we could publish for the web and keep using our long-earned skills and knowledge of, what is after all, a very powerful, seasoned and robust development platform.

Any thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's called WebAssembly, not WebAssembler, and it's currently an experimental technology with very little browser support.

I have no doubt it's on Adobe's radar, but until such time as it's stable and broadly supported, there'd be very little point to implementing it in Animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it's one not the other and I always choose the wrong one. Of course using google search did not help because it automatically fixes your search term and comes up with the goods. My mistake.

You make it sound unlikely that WebAssembly will  be ready to consider as a possibility for Flash any time soon. But any sign from Adobe that they even want future for Flash beyond being an animation tool, would give us hope. Flash->WebAssembly is the first positive idea I've heard of for a long time, with regards Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uh, what do you want Animate to be beyond an Animation tool? A racecar?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand the sarcastic question/response. Let's just forget this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you think it important, it wouldn't hurt to put in a feature request with the team for their consideration.Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines